SO MUCH JOY

Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 15, 2009

First order of business, I need to make an editorial correction. It seems I have been challenged on my facts in the first post. My sister indicates that I got my sense of humor from her, not my mother. The idea in and of itself is funny as my sister is younger than I. Maybe my laughter started that day in May 1970 when she charged into my life??? I will concur, she too has a great sense of humor, and I am delighted that I can still make her laugh.

As I chronicle my journey back to the good side of life, I find that somethings cross my path and may be insignificant in the moment but upon reflection speak to me in a larger voice.

Donovan Frankenreiter sings:

"I'm lookin for Life , love and laughter
Everything in between and what happens after."


I downloaded this song after I first heard it. As it plays on my mp3 today I thought "That is ME!" I want it all, I want life, love, laughter, everything in between and what happens after.


The power of music is unbelievable in my life. I have always said that music can soothe the soul. It does for me. I listen to the Frankenreiter song and I sing at the top of my lungs, maybe dance around the house a little and I am convinced that this song is ME. I am looking forward to the everything in between and what happens after. But wait, isn't that what my path has consisted of in the past??? Maybe it is the perspective? If I am enjoying life, enjoying love, and enjoying laughter maybe the bumps in the in between won't seem so crushing. Maybe I should quit looking forward to it and create it now in my life. We ARE makers of our own destiny, right? So why wait, make it happen.




I think I am becoming "enlightened". As I forge my path to the good side of life I have found that I need to change the way I think. My shrink has helped me with this. Recognizing all of the good things in my life really diminishes the impact of the bad. I am working on enjoying my life everyday. This is a work in progress. As for Love, I can say that my heart is full with love. Not in the sense of a companion, (I am sure that will come in time) but my kids have managed to take over my heart in this troubled time and push the pain out. Mostly with their humor. My kids can always make me laugh. My two eldest kids have impeccable timing. My son will even tell you that I love him the most because he can make me laugh. He too, recognizes that this is such a admired character trait. And of course, you know how important laughter is to me. I do laugh each and every day. You should too. It is a powerful thing.


Wishing you many moments of laughter until next time.




K

No comments:

Post a Comment