SO MUCH JOY

Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

~Kate Moss

I am in pursuit of loosing 30 pounds by the end of August.  I have plastered the number 6 all over the house.  I have put a nail in a wall in the family room and hung a skirt I haven't been able to wear in two years.  My goal is to be a size 6 by the end of August and I think 30 pounds will get me there.

Needless to say, I have made some radical changes to my lifestyle.  I have eliminated processed, refined, prepared and packaged foods out of my diet as well as dairy.  I am also walking 7 miles a day with my trusty companion Lance.  Lance is my 9 year old springer spaniel.  I am also doing yoga twice a week.  OK, in full disclosure, I am still meditating about the yoga, but I have sought it out and scheduled two classes into my planner this week.

Every day I grab my mp3 player and the leash and out the door we go.  I have lost 7 pounds thus far, yet everyone is commenting on how lean Lance is looking.  Go figure.

I think back and it doesn't seem that long ago that my daily workout was pushing dumbbells (I don't mean my exhusband) around a gym for an hour and 700 crunches.  OK, in full disclosure, I think it was half a tar filled lung ago.

So as I sit here, having ate my small piece of watermelon for my snack, I am thinking, does anything taste better than skinny feels?"

A f"ing donut would.

Wishing you many moments of laughter.....

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment