SO MUCH JOY

Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010

~ If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded. ~


Maya Angelou

As I sit this morning, I am looking at the 12 red long stem roses on my counter. And I am savoring the notion that someone took the time to send them to me to let me know they were thinking about me. I find it interesting that we seem to have an ongoing debate about the integrity of Valentines day. Some will say that it is a overrated commercial frenzy fueled by Hallmark. The argument is we should let our loved ones know how we feel everyday and not just on Valentines Day.

I will speak on behalf of women everywhere, we love participating in this frenzy. Especially when we are the lucky recipient. You can not compare the feeling when the delivery man walks through the door at work and announces your name while holding a vase of long stem roses. Everyone stands and takes notice. It conveys to everyone you work with as well as the strangers that see them on your desk, that someone digs you.

We give you the benefit that you love and care for us every day. But on this day, send something that to show the world that you do. To JH, the man who sent them, Thank You, it has been a long time since that feeling has warmed my heart. You have won my favor for many months to come.

I brought home my beautiful roses and my middle daughter, SJH, was inquisitive. She said "Is there one fake rose in the bunch"? I replied "of course not". She responded "There should be one fake rose in the bunch and the card should read I will love you until the last rose dies." Wow... This from SJH who has always been practical, no fuss, no carrying on kind of girl. I said to her, "When did you get so sentimental and sappy?" To which she replied, "When I got pubic hair"!
Wishing you many moments of laughter until next time......
K

No comments:

Post a Comment